A quick all-in-one cake that is gluten free with no butter and no processed sugars. The secret for its success is to allow the oranges to cool completely before processing,
- 2 oranges
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Few drops good vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- Boil the oranges whole for 1 hour. Allow to cool completely.
- Place oranges in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Process in eggs, honey, vanilla, ground almonds.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda, cornflour and baking powder and fold in using a metal spoon.
- Pour batter into a greased 23 cm round cake pan. Immediately place in a preheated oven.
- Bake at 160°C for 40 minutes or until a skewer stuck in the center comes out clean. Serve.
Do you like this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like..