An up-and-coming chef in Malta to watch out for is Josef Baldacchino. He shared this great recipe for gluten free quinoa cookies which is delicious, quick and easy to make. I have made them many times now and everyone loves them.
- 35 g ground almonds
- 280 g cooked quinoa, according to instructions on pack
- 1 tsp baking powder (gluten free)
- 50 g dark chocolate chips or chopped
- 100 g coconut
- 2 egg whites
- 100 g peanut butter
- 100 g applesauce
- 85 g honey
- A few drops good vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Combine the peanut butter, applesauce, honey and vanilla extract.
- Mix together separately the ground almonds, quinoa, baking powder, chocolate chips, coconut and salt.
- Stir in the egg whites and mix well.
- Add the peanut butter and applesauce mix and combine.
- Shape into balls and flatten into cookie shapes.
- Place on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 170°C for about 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool as they are quite soft when they come out of the oven.
Photographs by Josef Baldacchino
Do you like this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.