Here's an unusual recipe that brings together a combination of fruits and vegetables with various flavours ranging from sweet to tangy to piquant, with the earthy flavour of beans and finished off with a sweet and spicy honey mustard dressing. Including fruits in meals may not be for everyone, but you will never know what you are missing unless you try.
Serves: 4 persons
Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup seeded and diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced papaya
- 1/2 cup diced mango
- 425g canned black beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 2 tablespoon jalapeno
- 2 heads washed and dried baby romaine lettuce leaves
- 60g feta cheese crumbles
- 30g snow pea shoots
- 120g Remia honey mustard salad dressing (extra for dipping)
- In large bowl, toss together cucumber, carrots, red onion, strawberries, pineapple, papaya, mango, black beans, coriander, jalapeno and spring onions.
- Stir in honey mustard salad dressing and allow mixture to sit for five minutes so herbs rehydrate.
- Add a spoonful of fruit and vegetable mixture to the center of lettuce leaf. Repeat for remaining leaves and mixture.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top of mixture and garnish with snow pea shoots.
- Serve with additional honey mustard salad dressing for dipping.
- This fruit and veggie mixture also makes a great topping on pork, chicken and mild fish.