Aqra din ir-riċetta bil-Malti: Pakketti tal-filo bis-salamun u kurrat (leeks)
This is a delicious dish that is easily prepared in little time. It is very suitable for a romatic Valentine's evening at home with your loved one.
Preparation time: 15 min
Total time: 50 min
- 3 leeks, cleaned and finely chopped
- 25 g butter
- 25 g butter, melted
- 100 g cream cheese
- 6 sheets of filo pastry
- 2 fillets of salmon, without skin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the leeks in a saucepan with a knob of butter and 3 tbsp water.
- Cover the saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes until the leek is softened.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool, then add the cheese, salt and pepper and mix.
- Grease one sheet of filo with butter, then place two more on it, greasing in between.
- Place a piece of salmon in the centre, sprinkle with salt and pepper and pour half of the leek mixture on the salmon.
- Fold the edges of the filo over the salmon, pull the sides and press together to close.
- Repeat the process with the other fillet.
- Grease each packet with butter, place on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm with a green salad.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.