Recipe by Doris Camilleri
For the pastry:
- 500 g plain flour
- 250 g Remia Gold margarine
- 1/2 tsp
For the scallops & chocolate dressing:
- 25 g Remia Gold margarine
- 1 large leek (sliced)
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 20 g Cadbury Bournville chocolate
- 1 tsp Cadbury cocoa
For the pastry:
- In a large bowl combine flour, salt and Remia Gold margarine.
- Mix well until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Slowly add some water, mix with your hands until dough forms a ball.
- Knead the dough and allow dough to rest in refrigerator for 20 mins before rolling out.
- Melt the Remia Gold margarine in a large frying pan over low heat, add leek, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook gently for 5 mins until softened.
- Rinse the scallops thoroughly, pat dry on kitchen paper, season on both sides.
- Tip the sesame seeds onto a plate and press the flat side of each scallop into them.
- Heat the oil over medium heat and add the scallops flat side down.
- Fry them for about 30 seconds on each side, depending on their size, until just tender.
- Pour the vinegar and soy sauce into a small saucepan and heat to a simmer.
- Remove pan from the heat, add Cadbury Bournville chocolate and Cadbury cocoa powder and stir until it melts and becomes smooth.
- When the pastry is cooked, fill with leeks, scallops and drizzle with the chocolate dressing.
This recipe is part of a competition organised by The Kċina on Facebook. To vote, please visit and 'like' our Facebook page and then 'like' your favourite recipe in the appropriate album.