Another of my new easy cake recipes with no butter or milk products; it is delicious.
- 300 g self raising flour
- 180 g sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4 egg yolks
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 180 ml orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Sift flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Mix together the egg yolks, oil, orange juice, orange zest and vanilla. Beat together until smooth and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar. Set aside.
- Pour the yolk mixture onto the flour mixture and mix gently.
- Immediately add the egg whites and gently fold in.
- Bake in oven for 49 minutes or when an inserted wooden skewer comes out clean. Cook further if required.
- Remove from tin after it has cooled down.
Do you like this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.