Aqra din ir-riċetta bil-Malti: Soppa kremuża tal-faqqiegħ (mushrooms)
Mushrooms are recommended when one is observing a calorie counted diet in order to reduce weight. Choose mushrooms that are small so that the soup remains light in colour when you cream it.
Time: 40 minutes
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup carrots, finely chopped
- ½ cup spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 700 g mushrooms, clean and chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 ½ cup skimmed milk
- 500 ml chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground fresh pepper.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter and as soon as it start to bubble add the carrots, onion and garlic. Fry for 5 minutes and add the oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and wine, bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, lift half a cup of the vegetables and place to the side for later.
- Blend the soup until you have a creamy mixture, add the milk and reheat on a very low heat.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with the reserved vegetables.
Did you like this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you enjoy.