Ara din ir-riċetta bil-Malti: Insalata tal-granċ, lanġas u ġellewż
Crab meat is usually paired with avocado and the two together make a great combination. This recipe is different because here crab is combined with walnuts and pears to create an interesting salad with varying textures and flavours. This salad is ideal to serve as a first course, particularly on occasions.
Serves: 4 persons
- 1 ½ cup canned crab meat
- ¼ cup roasted walnuts
- ½ cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 ripe but solid pears, peeled and cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lettuce, ripped into pieces by hand
- Combine the walnuts, celery, pears, onions, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. At the end add the crab meat.
- Divide the lettuce into 4 plates and divide the mixture between them.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.