Recipe by Antonia Borg Bonaci
- 340gr Bordon corned beef
- 2 tbs sweet pickle
- 1 tbs mild mustard
- 6tbs mayonnaise
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 soft buns
- 175gr Double Gloucester or mature cheddar cheese grated
- In a bowl, mix the corned beef, sweet pickle and mustard together with the mayonnaise and some pepper.
- Mash the mixture properly until it resembles a chunky paste.
- Cut the buns in half and spread the mixture onto the buns.
- Grill under a hot grill until slightly browned, then add the cheese on top and grill for a few more minutes until the cheese melts and starts to bubble and brown.
- Arrange on a plate and add sliced tomatoes if desired.
- Serve on its own as a quick snack or with vegetables or salad as a main meal.