- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Few drops vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C. Use an electric mixer to cream the butter and brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and the eggs one at a time. Mix well. In a separate bowl sift the flour and bicarbonate soda. Add a pinch of salt.
- Slowly add the flour mix to the butter mix and fold in with a metal spoon. Finally fold in the hazelnuts and chocolate chips.
- Cover a tin 8 x 10 inches with baking paper.
- Spread the batter into the prepared tin and smooth the top by using a wet spatula. Bake for 30 minutes. Do not over bake. Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan so that the chocolate solidifies as this is a very soft consistency. Cut into bars.
Did you enjoy reading this recipe for chocolate hazelnut bars? Have you tried it? Let us know what you think of it by rating and commenting below and share so that we can continue to bring you recipes you love.