Aqra bil-Malti: Riċetta: Fondant taċ-ċikkulata
An irresistible chocolate desert that oozes with melted chocolate when you cut it.
Time: 30 minutes
- 300 g dark chocolate
- 230 g butter
- 400 g caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 200 g flour, sifted
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter, to grease
- Cocoa, to dust
- Heat the oven to a temperature of 180°C. Lightly grease 8 small individual pudding moulds or ramekins. Dust with cocoa and tap the ramekin upside down to remove any excess.
- Melt the butter and the chocolate in a small pan. Remove it from the heat and add the sugar and vanilla essence. Let the mixture cool down.
- Add the eggs little by little to the mixture and keep beating continuously. Add the flour slowly to the mixture and then add the salt.
- Divide the mixture between the greased ramekins (make sure that you do not fill more than ⅔ of the ramekin). Place them on the tray and bake them for exactly 12 minutes. Take them out of the oven, pass a knife round the pudding to separate it from the ramekin and tip them over gently on to individual plates.
- Serve them immediately with whipped cream, ice-cream or fresh fruit.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.
Look at this list of fruit and vegetables according to the season