Aqra din ir-riċetta bil-Malti: Cupcakes taċ-ċikkulata bil-frawli
The flavours of chocolate and strawberries complement each other very well. On the occasion of Valentine's day, these two ingredients - which are also considered to be aphrodisiacs - are combined in these excellent cupcakes.
Time: 1 hour
For the cupcakes:
- 200 g flour
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 115 g caster sugar
- 125 g dark chocolate, broken in fine pieces
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 225 ml milk
For the frosting:
- 225 g cream cheese
- 60 g butter
- 450 g icing sugar
- 150 g strawberries
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place a paper cup in each of a 12-hole cupcake tin.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder and cocoa powder in a large bowl. Add the sugar and mix.
- Place the eggs and oil in another bowl and beat them together well, then add the milk little by little while still beating.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients. Mix only as much as is necessary to combine them. Finally add the chocolate pieces.
- With a tablespoon, place a little of the mixture to fill ¾ of each paper cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Place the cupcakes on a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting:
- Clean the strawberries and slice thinly lengthwise. Pick the largest 12 slices and put aside for later. Crush the rest and allow to drip in a colander.
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter with an electric beater until they are well combined. Gradually add 400 g of the icing sugar and the strawberries and continue to beat with a low speed for 30 seconds.
- Increase the speed and add whatever is required of the remaining 50 g icing sugar, until you have the desired consistency.
- Decorate the cupcakes using a piping bag with a star-shaped tip.
- Using a pointy spoon, cut a V-shape in the upper part of the strawberry slices that were set aside to form a heart shape. Place one on each of the cupcakes.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.