Aqra din ir-riċetta bil-Malti: Trifles bil-kafè u ċ-ċikkulata
These individuals trifles that can be prepared in advance are a perfect dessert to serve directly on the table after a meal. These trifles contain the contrasting flavours of a fine and creamy chocolate and custard mixture and the stronger taste of sponge soaked in coffee and liqueur.
- 40 g good quality dark chocolate
- 300 ml vanilla custard
- 80 ml espresso coffee
- 1 tbsp brandy
- 2 tbsp coffee liqueur
- 200 g sponge
- Break the chocolate and place it in a bowl inside a saucepan of boiling water (bain marie). Reduce the fire so that the water keeps simmering until the chocolate has melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool a little.
- Take 2 tablespoons of melted chocolate and allow the chocolate to pour thinly in 2 haphazard designs onto baking paper. Allow the designs to cool and solidify, and remove from the paper.
- Add the custard to the remaining chocolate and mix well.
- Combine the coffee with the coffee liqueur and brandy.
- Cut the sponge into cubes and place them in a low bowl. Pour the coffee mixture over the sponge and allow it to soak for a few minutes.
- Prepare two goblets as follows: place a little chocolate custard at the bottom of each glass, then a layer of soaked sponge, and continue layering until you conclude with a layer of custard.
- Cool for 30 minutes and serve with the chocolate design to garnish.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.