Here is a variation on the traditional basil pesto which includes chickpeas, like a perfect blend of hummus and pesto to be enjoyed with pasta.
- A bunch of fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup roasted chickpeas
- 1/2 cup goat cheese (ġbejna) or feta cheese, cut into small pieces or crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves
- Sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- Hand blender
- Blend all the ingredients in a large bowl until the mixture is smooth and consistent.
- Taste and adjust the flavor and texture by adding more olive oil and water as necessary. If you are using it with pasta, it should not be too thick.
- Cook the spaghetti according to instructions on the packet. Allow 80 g to 110 g per portion depending on appetites.
- Drain and add the pesto while the pasta is still hot.
- Serve immediately.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us continue to bring you recipes you like.