This is a quick and easy dip to prepare and something a bit different, delicious when served with Tal-Furnar galletti and vegetable crudites. The secret is to use a good olive oil.
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas
- 1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons plain, local yoghurt
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Drain the chickpeas.
- Place all ingredients with the exception of the olive oil in a food processor and blend. I like to leave mine with bits in it, not completely smooth, with more texture.
- Season according to your taste. Add some virgin olive oil until the consistency is right for you. (I love the hazelnut flavour with the fresh vegetables.)
What did you think of this recipe? Did you try it? Let us know what you think by commenting and rating below and share so that we can bring you more of the recipes that you love!