Aqra bil-Malti: Riċetta: Koxox tat-tiġieġ bil-faqqiegħ (mushrooms) u l-mustarda
Chicken thighs and the most tender and tastiest part of a chicken. Cooked in this manner in a creamy sauce they will be even more tender.
Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
- 8-12 skinless chicken thighs
- 400 g small mushrooms, whole or cut in two
- 100 g bacon, thinlu sliced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- Tot of sherry
- 200 ml single cream
- 300 ml Chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the oven to a temperature of 180°C. Place the flour on a plate and add salt and pepper. Rub the chicken thighs into the flour until they are completely covered.
- Heat the oil in a pan on a moderate heat and fry the thighs on all sides until they turn golden. Place the thighs in a deep dish.
- In the same pan, fry the onion, garlic and bacon. As soon as they soften add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes. Spread the mixture over the chicken legs.
- Pour in the stock and the sherry into the pan and scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden teaspoon to make sure that all the flavours are incorporated. Add the cream and the mustard, the thyme, salt and pepper. Mixx until the mixture comes to the boil then pour it over the chicken thighs. -
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and/or seasonal vegetables.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.
Look at this list of fruit and vegetables according to the season