Here's a lovely chicken recipe with an unusual garnish of orange and hazelnuts that lends wonderful flavours to this dish.
- 100 g onion
- 1 tbsp oil
- 50 g hazelnuts
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 orange (zest and juice)
- Salt and pepper
- 350 g chicken escalopes
- 1 level tbsp flour
- 350 g potatoes, precooked
- 200 ml stock
- Finely chop the onion then cook in the oil. Add the roughly chopped hazelnuts and stir.
- Remove from heat and mix in the breadcrumbs, parsley, grated orange rind and the juice of the orange.
- Leave to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Place the chicken escalopes between two sheets of cling film and beat gently.
- Divide the stuffing between the escalopes and roll up. Secure with tooth picks.
- Dip the chicken rolls in seasoned flour and brown over moderate heat in a pan.
- Line the bottom of an ovenproof dish with the cooked potatoes. Add the stock. Place the chicken rolls on top.
- Cover with tin foil and cook in a preheated oven at 180C for 35 minutes.
- Leave to rest before serving.
- Garnish with orange slices and hazelnuts.
Do you like this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.