This is a delicious and easy to make cake made with cherries and almonds.
- 200 g butter
- 150 g glace cherries
- 85 g ground almonds
- 200 g self raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- Finely grated rind and juice of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Grease a cake dish 23 cm.
- Stir together the cherries, almonds and sifted flour. Add the bicarbonate of soda.
- Cream together the sugar and butter and add the lemon rind and juice.
- Add the four eggs and cherry mixture using a metal spoon and fold in lightly.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Leave to cool before removing from the tin.
Do you like this recipe? Would you like to see more cake recipes? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to let us know which recipes you like so that we make sure we deliver that which you are after.