This is something that you can make and eat, hot or cold, at home or by the sea, in your patio or garden. Simply delicious!
For the pastry:
- 500 g plain flour
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon of fine salt
- Water, as necessary
For the filling:
- 400 g ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 150 g frozen vegetables
- 150 g cheddar cheese, chopped
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 teaspoon dry herbs
- 1 tablespoon hot curry
- 1 egg, separated
- Sesame seeds
- Rub the fat into the sifted flour, add the salt and work out till it becomes like fine breadcrumbs. Add the beaten egg and knead well. Add water as necessary. Leave to rest, cover in cling film in the fridge for an hour.
- In a very hot pan, fry the beef mince without oil. Add the garlic and onion and then the stock cube, curry and frozen vegetables.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, add the cubed cheddar until it melts and is combined well with the mixture.
- Divide the pastry into four portions, roll out the pastry in a squarish shape and brush with the egg white. Fill with the mixture, close and shape like a pillow.
- Brush the top with egg yolk, and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes, or par bake, to bake again later when ready to serve.