Tuna and avocado make a delicious combination and this recipe makes a tuna ceviche with avocado that will have you wanting more and more.
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 1 to 1½ limes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 140 g Elite tuna in sunflower oil, drained
- 1 medium seeded plum tomato, finely diced
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 jalapeño, minced (keep seeds for spicy) or you can use pickled
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 55 g sliced avocado (½ medium)
- In a medium bowl, combine the red onion, pinch of salt, juice of 1 lime and olive oil.
- Mix in the chopped coriander, jalapeño, drained tuna, tomato, and Tabasco, if using.
- Taste for salt and lime juice, adjust to taste.