Beetroots are at their peak at the moment and the combination of beetroot, mint and ricotta is just divine.
- 3 raw beetroots, grated
- 100 g oats
- 1 small onion
- 150 g ricotta, crumbled
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 1 tsp dried mint
- Salt and pepper, if desired
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor with the exception of the oats.
- Finally mix in the oats using a metal spoon. Allow to rest for an hour.
- Shape patties and roll lightly in more oats but do not overdo it.
- Place the beetroot burgers on an ovenproof dish lined with baking paper brushed lightly with some olive oil.
- Bake at 200°C for 10 minutes, turn over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. I serve these with a potato salad.
Do you like this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.
To find out whether the veg you need is in season, refer to this list of seasonal fruit and vegetables.