Ara din ir-riċetta bil-Malti: Kejk tal-banana u ġewż pekan
Make this cake from the over-ripe bananas in your fruit basket to enjoy with your afternoon tea or coffee!
Preparation: 30 min
Total time: 1 hr 45 min
- 100 g butter, room temperature
- 140 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 large ripe bananas, squashed
- 50 g pecan nuts
- 50g raisins
- 50 ml milk
- 100 ml natural yoghurt
- 280 g flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 160 C. Grease a 20 cm x 13 cm loaf tin with butter and line the bottom with baking paper.
- Beat together the butter and sugar in a large bowl (preferably with an electric mixer) until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Add the eggs one by one while continuing to beat.
- Add the banana, pecan nuts, raisins, milk and yoghurt and mix well with a spoon.
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda over the banana mixture and slowly fold into the mixture without over-mixing. Pour the mixture in the loaf tin and smoothen the surface.
- Bake for an hour and 15 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Did you like this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you enjoy.