These baby marrow canapés are ideal served as a starter or with drinks instead of canapes. They can also be eaten as a main course with a salad or as a side dish with a main meal.
- 12 mini zucchini, scooped out
- 200 g ricotta
- 1 egg
- A handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped, remove stalks
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Finely grated zest of 1/4 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Immerse the scooped out zucchini in boiling water and leave for 5 minutes.
- Mash the ricotta with a fork.
- Add the egg, parsley, nutmeg, lemon zest, sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Mix until it is well-combined.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag, no nozzle needed. Pipe the mixture into the cavity.
- Place in an ovenproof dish covered with baking paper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast in a hot oven preheated 200 C for 15 minutes.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.