A great, refreshing dessert for the hot season, which may also be used when entertaining.
- 3 cups dried apricots
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups limoncello
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange
- Juice of half a lemon
- Grated rind of half a lemon
- A few drops vanilla
- Mix the limoncello, orange and lemon juice and soak the apricots overnight.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Lower the heat and add the honey, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Remove from heat, place in the fridge and allow to absorb the juices and flavours overnight.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Do you like this recipe? Would you like to learn different ways of using fruit in recipes? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to let us know which recipes you like so that we make sure we deliver that which you are after.