Sweet recipes that do not need baking are very popular because they can be made in less time and without having to connect the oven. This is one of those recipes.
Total time: 20 minutes, and time to cool
- 100 g butter
- 200 ml condensed milk
- 375 g plain biscuits, crushed
- 150 g dry apricot, thinly sliced
- 100 g dessicated coconut
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
For the frosting:
- 50 g butter
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- Teaspoon lemon juice
- 300g icing sugar, sifted
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, on moderate heat
- Add the thickened milk, and boil, low fire and stir for 2 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Add the biscuits, apricots and lemon juice in the saucepan. Mix everything well.
- Put the mixture in a dish of size 30 cm x 24 cm. Press the mixture to the bottom. Insert it in the refrigerator for at least two hours until it cements.
- Melt the butter and mix it with water, lemon juice and icing sugar until you have a smooth consistency mixture.
- Spread this mixture into the dish with the apricot mixture.
- Cut into pieces and store in a cool place in an air-tight container.