This moist cake recipe is a good way to use up left over dried fruits and nuts (you can use up to 100g for this cake) as sometimes we do not have more than a spoonful left of each mixture after using them in other recipes. You may make it in advance and freeze the cake until you need it.
- 100 g butter
- 50 g soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100 g self raising flour
- 100 g ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 50 g flaked almonds to coat the top pre baking
- Preheat oven to 160 C. Grease a 20 cm cake tin.
- Mix together the butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, milk and honey in a large mixing bowl.
- When the ingredients are mixed well together, spoon into a prepared tin and level the surface with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle with almonds and bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please leave your comments below and kindly rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you enjoy.