Serves: 8-inch cheesecake
For the crust
- 1½ cups (140 grams) graham cracker or digestive crumbs
- ¼ cup (50 grams) caster sugar
- 6 tablespoons (85 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
For the cheesecake filling
- 2⅓ cups (500 grams) cottage cheese
- 1 cup (200 grams) Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon (75 grams) maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- ½ vanilla pod
For the blackcurrant jam
- ¾ cup (150 grams) black currants
- ½ cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons (50 milliliters) water
- Line an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper on the bottom. Oil the sides of the pan if it is not non-stick.
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 176°C.
To make the crust
- In a large bowl, mix everything together.
- Gently press the crust into the lined pan. I find it easiest to use a small piece of parchment paper to cover my fingers, and press down on the crust. Set aside.
To make the cheesecake filling
- In a food processor or blender on low speed, blend the cottage cheese and Greek yogurt together until it is smooth.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs together. Beat the eggs, maple syrup and flour into the cottage cheese mixture. Scrape the seeds out of the vanilla pod and mix into the cheesecake.
- Pour everything into the pan. Bake in the oven for about 1 hour, until the cheesecake is set.
To make the blackcurrant jam
- In a medium saucepan, mix everything together. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Allow to cool before topping on the cheesecake.
- The cheesecake is best chilled, or at room temperature.