Tilda Easy Cook rice is so versatile it can be used for any rice dish; it is even a great accompaniment to any Indian dish!
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 40 min
Total time: 50 min
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cm ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 green chilli or ½ tsp chilli powder
- 3 tsp medium curry paste or 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cardamom pods seasoning
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 150 ml water
- ½ green pepper diced
- Fresh coriander
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Tilda Easy Cook rice
- Dry fry the cumin and mustard seeds until they start to pop, remove from heat and grind in pestle and mortar.
- Fry the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli until it softens and turns brown.
- Add the dry spices (or curry powder) to the cumin and mustard and mix in the tomato puree to make a paste; add this to the pan and continue to fry for 1-2 mins.
- Add the chicken and continue to cook until coloured on all sides, for approximately 5 mins.
- Pour in the water and simmer on a medium heat for a further 20-25 mins.
- Add the green pepper and continue to cook for 5 mins.
- Serve with Tilda Easy Cook rice and garnish with fresh coriander and a squeeze of lemon juice.